Everything You Need To Know About the CinchSeal 7800 Series Rotary Shaft Seals
It’s hard to let go of a technology you’ve grown used to. When the first iPhone came out, it was difficult for many people to grow accustomed to a phone without physical buttons — but soon, this revolutionary technology became the norm.
The same can hold true for shaft seals. Maybe you’ve grown accustomed to frequent leakage and contamination from your shaft seals, and dismiss it as inevitable.
Think again. Products like CinchSeal 7800 series rotary shaft seals make lip seals and other forerunners look like the iPhone X next to a rotary dial. If you use C.E.M.A. screw conveyors and/or other bulk-handling equipment in your operation, you should take a look at the 7800 series or the 9700 series split rotary shaft seals.
Let’s explore the differences between the Cinch Seal 7800 and the 9700 rotary shaft series.
CinchSeal 7800 series: no leaks, no maintenance
How many times a year do you have to stop production for planned or unplanned maintenance on your seals? Zero maintenance and reliable sealing against dust and vapors are just two of the 7800 series’ features.
Here are a few more that make the 7800 series a solution for a wide range of industries, including food service, pharmaceutical, and chemical :
- 316 stainless steel construction to handle caustic washdowns
- 30 percent lower power requirement than rope packing
- No shaft damage or undercutting
- No premature bearing failure
- Self-adjusting seal to manage shaft movement
- Operates in temperatures ranging from -50˚F/45.55˚C to 400˚F/204˚C
- Handles linear shaft growth and axial runout
- Bolting pattern that accommodates flange-mounted bearings
- Multiple accessories: seal repair kits, 7800 regulators to manage air pressure, and an automatic greaser
Like other CinchSeal products, 7800 series seals:
- Provide a significantly larger shaft/seal interface surface to stop leakage and contamination
- Are easy to assemble and disassemble for simplified cleaning
- Prevent shaft damage using an elastomer that spins with the shaft, eliminating friction
- Deliver optimum high-pressure performance with air or silicone grease purging
It’s easy to see how CinchSeal 7800 series rotary shaft seals would be a better value than other seals. In the end, they save money through reduced maintenance, less frequent replacement and reduction of product loss by preventing leakage and contamination.
The 9700 series
Now that we’ve fully explored the 7800 series, let’s discuss another high performing seal that has similar properties: the 9700 series.
All of the 9700 series internal parts meet USDA standards for indirect food contact. That designation alone sets CinchSeal 9700 series rotary shaft seals apart.
These stainless steel seals are designed “split,” meaning they’re very easy to install and maintain. If work is needed, they can be removed without unbolting the housing. Furthermore, you won’t need outside help for installation. It’s the ideal solution for operations that require frequent seal disassembly for cleaning.
If you use mixers, blenders, and dryers, 9700 series seals are likely right for your business. Conversion from mechanical packing is easy, and the return on investment is fast.
The 9700 series seals could be your best choice if you process food, spices, and flavorings, pharmaceuticals or chemicals. The best way to decide which rotary shaft series is right for you is to discuss your business needs and options with us.
A few things to remember
The next time one of your seals fails, think about these points before you repair or replace it:
- Seals without CinchSeal technology are much more likely to cause leakage, shaft damage and bearing failure because they lack the innovative design features built into CinchSeal seals.
- Seal failure can be quite expensive, both in money and time. The CinchSeal 9700 and 7800 series rotary shaft seals are lasting investments.
Since 1994, CinchSeal has been a major manufacturer of rotary shaft seals for screw conveyors, ribbon blenders and all kinds of bulk handling equipment. CinchSeal products serve as replacements and major upgrades for your technology, that make the need for machine replacement less likely.
More information is available by contacting CinchSeal, so call us today to see how you can save time and money. Quotes and drawings are guaranteed to be available in 24 hours. Custom engineering usually takes 10 days.