It could be argued that beverage powder mixes were made famous by a big red talking pitcher busting through walls and space travel. But, of course, these convenient, just-add-water products have grown in popularity until it’s just about impossible to overlook them. They’re available through every convenience store, supermarket and health store as well as many other brick-and-mortar and online outlets, and their growing sales show no sign of waning.
With growth comes competition, so companies in beverage powder mix manufacturing have to take advantage of the most advanced techniques and equipment to stay ahead. This means paying attention to:
- Efficiency: how to find time and cost savings in the manufacturing process
- Safety: as in any food processing activity, keeping the product safe prevents costly shutdowns and recalls
Rotary Shaft Seals and Beverage Powder Mix Manufacturing
The seals that prevent product from leaking out and contaminants from seeping in during the beverage powder mix manufacturing process are not the celebrities among equipment components. But they do play a critical role in making sure the product remains uncontaminated and that the equipment that uses them stays productive. Frequent and time-consuming breakdowns can make a serious dent in productivity.
In the past, seals have been less-than-ideal members of the equipment menagerie. They’ve had problems performing under high pressure, frequent maintenance has slowed production and the seals have required replacement too often.
To keep up with the progress of food processing, seals have had to be made better. CinchSeal rotary shaft seals incorporate innovations that have enhanced their performance and contributed to higher productivity and improved safety.
How CinchSeal Boosts Safety and Productivity
The advantages that come with CinchSeal rotary seals, as beverage powder mix manufacturing tools, begins with certification by the United States Department of Agriculture for poultry and dairy. At first, this distinction might seem irrelevant, but it means that the seals work well to protect products from contamination.
Certification is an assurance that CinchSeal seals do what they’re supposed to do in the toughest food-processing environments.
The reasons for this high level of contamination prevention are in CinchSeal shaft seals’ design. For example, CinchSeal rotary shaft seals:
- Stop materials from leaking with an FDA-approved silicone elastomer that moves with the shaft, preventing shaft damage and reducing maintenance and replacement
- Seal potential leaks with rotor cups that compress with optimum load against stationary faces
- Provide optimum performance under high pressure using air purging to maintain higher pressure inside the seal than outside the seal
- Reduce the potential for contamination and leakage with a large shaft-seal interface surface
On the side of efficiency and productivity, CinchSeal rotary seals offer a variety of ways to help keep costs down, including:
- Making repairs both faster and easier with split internal parts that eliminate the need to unbolt the housing
- Removing the requirement for outside installation expertise by making installation simple
- Providing repair kits that renew the seal by replacing only the elastomer and stator plates
Food for Thought About Better Powdered Beverage Manufacturing
Keeping up with the growth of an industry and staying ahead of the competition calls for keeping an eye on every aspect of the business, including shaft seals. So it’s best to keep in mind that:
- Preventing leakage and contamination not only improves safety but also saves money by eliminating waste
- Rotary shaft seals like CinchSeal shaft seals, with all their features to prevent leakage and contamination, consistently outperform other kinds of seal by a wide margin
- Sources of cost savings and increased productivity are not always highly visible. Taking a look at shaft seals could help improve revenues and profits.
Since 1994, CinchSeal has been a major manufacturer of rotary shaft seals for screw conveyors, ribbon blenders and all kinds of bulk handling equipment. CinchSeal products serve as replacements and major upgrades that make the need for machine replacement less likely.
More information is available by contacting CinchSeal. Quotes and drawings are guaranteed to be available in 24 hours. Custom engineering usually takes 10 days.