How Rotary Shaft Seals Ensure Success in the Infant Formula Industry
The infant formula ingredients industry has been around for many years and only continues to grow. In 2018, the global market size was approximately $15.6 billion, with a projected growth of about 7.3 percent by 2025. With that growth comes an increased need for both safe and efficient food processing solutions that can meet the increasing demand.
There is a lot involved in the production of infant formula products, including a variety of conveyor systems, holding tanks, mixers, and more. All of which need to avoid leakage and product waste, along with other problems that can put consumers at risk or lead to decreased productivity and profitability.
Like all other food processing applications, all infant formula types require operations to be consistently safe and efficient. Equipment needs to be cost-effective and reliable, and products need to be proven safe to protect consumers and prevent the need for costly shutdowns and nationwide recalls.
How CinchSeal can help infant formula manufacturers
Before the advent of CinchSeal rotary shaft seals, food processing operations relied on mechanical seals to prevent leakage and contamination, but their performance was inadequate.
Mechanical seals tend to wear out quickly, and they’re a challenge to repair and replace because of their designs.
Our industrial seal solutions use rotary shaft designs to maximize safety and productivity for food processing and packaging. The infant formula manufacturing process can benefit significantly through the use of these seals in place of outdated mechanical designs.
The advantages of CinchSeal rotary shaft seals
Unlike previous mechanical seals, CinchSeal rotary seals design maximizes efficiency, safety, and productivity in several ways:
- ¼” (6.35mm) runout-tolerant shaft seals reduce maintenance costs by 90%
- Clean-In-Place seal design provides a hygienically clean environment
- Air purging enables improved performance
- An FDA-approved silicone elastomer moves with the shaft, preventing damage to the shaft that might otherwise result in leaks and require more frequent maintenance
- Rotary cups provide more space against stationary faces to help stop leaks
- The shaft-seal interface surface is more substantial and, subsequently, decreases the chances of leakage and contamination
- The split seal design provides easy repairs – no need to unbolt the housing
- Easy and efficient installation only takes minutes
- Replacing only Repair kits when needed vs. the entire metal seal makes the seal renewal more cost effective
Rotary seals are also designed to meet the requirements of both the U.S. Food and Drug Administration and the United States Department of Agriculture. Regardless of what ingredients are included in your brand of infant formula, CinchSeal rotary shaft seals can accommodate them through the USDA “accepted” designation and certification for dairy and poultry.
Are there any potential alternatives for CinchSeal rotary seals?
With the minimal amount of room permitted for product waste and inefficiency, it’s essential to have seals and other equipment that can maximize both safety and efficiency, which previous seal designs have mostly been unable to accomplish. CinchSeal rotary shaft seals, on the other hand, are designed to give you the best possible results and maintain consistent operations.
You won’t get the same results with other inferior designs.
What sets CinchSeal rotary seals apart from others
What helps make CinchSeal rotary shaft seals stand out is our prioritization, with three focus areas that influence our designs:
- Safety – First and foremost, we are dedicated to providing top-tier performance that prevents product leakage and contamination
- Productivity – Second to safety, we work to ensure that our seals provide minimal interruptions to help maximize productivity
- Cost savings – Our rotary seals can also help save money through the reduction of maintenance and replacements
Experienced and Reputable Rotary Seal Manufacturers
For over 25 years, CinchSeal has provided some of the best rotary shaft seal products for many different equipment types. For more information about our industrial seal solutions, contact CinchSeal today.