A major brewery facing production issues on their spent grain conveyors needed a solution. They turned to CinchSeal and found the right remedy with our rotating seal technology.
The brewery was dealing with extensive water and product leakage due to bearing failure and shaft wear. The issue greatly affected the manufacturing operation, slowing efficiency through frequent unscheduled maintenance and product loss. In addition, the problem created a major safety hazard from the leaking water. The remedy? CinchSeal’s 7520 air-purged rotary shaft seal.
The results were astonishing:
- Eliminated product loss
- Eliminated unscheduled downtime for maintenance
- Eliminated bearing failure and shaft wear
- Improved safety and housekeeping
The brewery’s stressors were solved using the 7520 CinchSeal, designed to eliminate leaking and product loss. Installing a CinchSeal helps manufacturers and processors to become safer, more efficient and more cost-effective.
How It Works
The 7520 CinchSeal is part of an extensive line of high-speed rotary shaft seals. Various shaft seal types are designed to address different industrial needs and applications. The 7520 CinchSeal is intended for slurries and very abrasive applications.
The key is the CinchSeal solid elastometer, made of FDA-approved silicone and built to withstand temperatures up to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. It’s built at a slightly smaller shaft size so a tight interference fit is established.
This tightly fit shaft seal prevents materials from migrating past the seal point.
Attributes of the rotary shaft seal include (but are not limited to) the strengths of the 7520 air purged CinchSeal, the ideal application for that seal, and how the 7520 air purged CinchSeal helped eliminate leakage and product loss. The high-pressure rotary shaft seals are built to be air-purged at 5-7 PSI above the pressure in the vessel, further maintaining the seal.
When your manufacturing facility purchases a CinchSeal product, you gain considerable benefits, like:
- Repair Rather than Replace. When you install CinchSeal and use our available repair kits, you’ll be less likely to have to replace a machine.
- Self-Installation. Customers can put the seal on themselves, without having to pay for additional installation costs by a third party.
- No Maintenance Required. The unique self-adjusting design means our seals are built to run for thousands of hours without maintenance.
In addition, CinchSeal technology improves:
- Better Design. Our design approach leads to longer product lifespan and less wear and tear. Among our innovative design features are:
- Larger surface for shaft/seal interface
- Boot-mounted rotor cups that allow the rotary assemble to float with the shaft, eliminating misalignment issues, The 7520 rotor cups are made of aluminum that’s hard-coated to achieve a 62 on the Rockwell hardness scale.
- An elastometer that spins with the shaft, preventing shaft damage
- The ability for self-cleaning and self-lubrication
- Split internal parts that allow for repair work without the need to unbolt the housing
- Power Savings. Our seals conserve power. The 7500 series uses 30 percent less power than packing seals and will not undercut shafts.
- Cost Savings. By eliminating product loss, greatly reducing maintenance costs and preventing shaft damage and bearing failure, you improve production efficiency and save time and money.
- Certification. Our products are certified by the USDA for dairy, meat and poultry production. The materials used in our elastometers, rotor cups and stators are FDA-approved and food-grade-compliant.
With CinchSeal product, your manufacturing facility will discover the same impact and benefits as our brewery customer.
- Resolution of critical manufacturing issues
- Unique design and function to protect and preserve equipment
- Improved efficiency, power savings, and cost savings
For 25 years, CinchSeal has been delivering manufacturing solutions to many industries. Our products are designed to help our customers with their most pressing production challenges. Our customer-focused teams guarantee delivery of quotes and drawings within 24 hours. To learn more about CinchSeal products, contact us today